100% integrated french oak
100% PEFC French oak / Progrmme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification
We are committed to a programme of sustainable forest management (PEFC) and the Bureau Veritas Certification* certifies that Tonnellerie Berthomieu respects the defined criteria for the certification of the chain of control ((BV/CdC/2172175 f) PEFC as described in the documentation published by the PEFC (Annex 15 and 16).
HACCP / Food Security
From the stave mill to the cooperage, we adhere to HACCP standards (a systematic preventive approach that identifies, evaluates and controls significant dangers relating to food safety). Bureau Veritas issues a verification statement after inspection (BV/090/ RE) which ensures the alimentary quality of our products.
Bureau Veritas issues us with verification statements (N°BV/102-2/RE) for the traceability of our “French Origin” and for our oak source materials.
French Origin Guaranteed
The “Origine France Garantie” label provides consumers with product traceability by giving a clear and objective indication of origin. Obtaining the label is based on two cumulative criteria that companies must necessarily meet to obtain it: – Between 50% and 100% of the unit cost price is French (95% for the Berthomieu and Ermitage barrels and 100% for its stave mills) – The product takes on its essential characteristics in France. Our certification is regularly validated by Bureau Veritas.
French oak staves natural ageing
Bureau Veritas Inspection issues us certificates of recognition (N ° BV/102-2/RE) for our control of the duration of natural aging in the open air of the stave which makes up our Berthomieu / Ermitage barrels.
TCA/TCP Control Systems
Levels of haloanisoles, halophenols and lindane
- Monitoring of water used in the production process, (watering, rinsing, steam water)
- Atmospheric testing (zones that store staves, finished product and dry goods, the stave mill and cooperage workshops)
- Verification of packaging (cartons, shrink wrap, bungs in silicone or wood, etc.)
- Testing of all products or materials used in the manufacturing process (flour, stainless steel fixations, supports, machine parts, etc.)
- Inspection of stave lots on reception
- Verification of containers (use of ‘barrier’ protective covers)