100% integrated oak
100 % PEFC / Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification
Tonnellerie Berthomieu is committed to a programme of sustainable forest management (PEFC) and the Bureau Veritas Certification* certifies that Tonnellerie Berthomieu respects the defined criteria for the certification of the chain of control ((BV/CdC/2172175 H and BV/CdC/2172175 G) PEFC as described in the documentation published by the PEFC (Annex 15 and 16).
HACCP /Food Security
From the stave mill to the cooperage, Tonnellerie Berthomieu adheres to HACCP standards (a systematic preventive approach that identifies, evaluates and controls significant dangers relating to food safety). Bureau Veritas issues a verification statement after inspection (BV/090/ RE) which ensures the alimentary quality of our products.
French oak and seasoning of staves in the open air
Bureau Veritas delivers to Tonnellerie Berthomieu verification statements (N°BV/102-2/RE and N°BV/102-3/RE) for its traceability (Product of French Origin) and for the seasoning of its raw materials.
HA/HP Control Systems
Levels of haloanisoles, halophenols and lindane
- Monitoring of water used in the production process, (watering, rinsing, steam water)
- Atmospheric testing (zones that store staves, finished product and dry goods, the stave mill and cooperage workshops)
- Verification of packaging (cartons, shrink wrap, bungs in silicone or wood, etc.)
- Testing of all products or materials used in the manufacturing process (flour, stainless steel fixations, supports, machine parts, etc.)
- Inspection of stave lots on reception
- Verification of containers (use of ‘barrier’ protective covers)
“Guaranteed of French Origin”
“Made in France” Bureau Veritas guarantees French manufacture.